J.A. Gilbert & Sons Paving
Choosing a contractor seems relatively simple. Most people get 2 or 3 bids and hire the least expensive one. A driveway is a costly, long-term investment and your driveway contractor should be chosen carefully.
J.A. Gilbert & Sons Inc. is local and we guarantee our work and that we will be here for you in the future. A driveway is only as good as its base. The base is essential to achieve a sufficient grade that will assure proper drainage of the finished driveway and add to the durability and longevity of your driveway. The method of installation for any asphalt project can mean the difference between a job that may only last a few years verses one that can last up to 20 or even 30 years.
- The driveway should be graded with the proper quantity and quality aggregates, excavated and a good gravel base consisting of ¾ inch stone added and compacted.
- Next a binder coat should be applied which insures durability as well as longevity and the surface compacted again.
- Lastly a finish coat of asphalt is applied and compacted again
- It will take 2 to 3 days for the asphalt to completely cool and harden. During this time it is highly advised that vehicle traffic NOT utilize the driveway
- The driveway should be sealed once fully cured which is in approximately 12 months; and every 2 – 3 years thereafter
Anyone can deliver recycled asphaltJohn’s specialty is to apply the material through his paving machine at 3” thick, and compact it with a heavy-duty compactor.
Need a quote? Questions on our services? We would love to answer any and all of your questions.
J.A. Gilbert & Sons Paving Inc.
316 Medomak Rd
Bremen, ME 04551